The Associate Vice President, Corporate Venturing will have overall responsibility for identifying, evaluating, structuring, negotiating and recommending strategic minority investments to the Nasdaq Ventures Investment Committee , consisting of the CEO, CFO, CTO, General Counsel, Head of Strategy and M&A, and Head of Nasdaq Ventures. This Executive Director level role will be pivotal in fostering growth and innovation at Nasdaq.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating Financial Technology startups and mid-stage companies.
- Interact across the Nasdaq business lines and corporate functions including the technology team to conduct business and technology assessments
- Build and manage a proprietary database of potential investments across a number of Fintech verticals
- Perform external market research and develop sector expertise to assist in identifying and sourcing new deals for potential investment
- Lead term sheet negotiation, drafting and execution
- Prepare investment memoranda, and other documentation required for approval of deal by investment committee and executive management
- Lead and manage the due diligence process from start to finish, including initial evaluation, review of performance, attribution analysis, financial review, creation of detailed valuation models, sensitivity analyses, investment returns and exit projections, reference calls and assessment of both absolute and relative performance versus industry peers, legal review of applicable material contracts and disclosure schedules.
- Lead and manage negotiation and finalization of definitive transaction documents
- Build ongoing relationships with potential investments, existing portfolio companies, and existing and prospective co-investors.
- Work with portfolio companies, including monitoring of performance, providing support, attending board meetings and/or serving as a non-voting observer or board member when applicable, and following up on investments
- Actively monitor and evaluate market developments and trends across all the major investment areas of the portfolio.
- Manage quarterly updates for tracking plans, valuations, and exit plans for portfolio companies
- Hire, train, manage and lead associates and analysts in our internal investment process
- Education Required: MBA, MSc or similar
- Experience Required: At least 8 years
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.